Changing your reported payroll is easy and you can do so at any time. You can make changes to your payroll reporting for the current year or a previous year:

  • if you made an error at the time of reporting  
  • if there is a significant change to your current year payroll estimate 
  • if you need to change your actual payroll for a previous year 

You can make changes to your payroll in multiple ways depending on which is best for you. 


Report your payroll estimate information via telephone by calling our Assessment Services Department.

Within Winnipeg: 204-954-4505 

Toll free: 1-855-954-4321 ext. 4505


You can also report your payroll estimate information via email through

Online Chat

You can enter your payroll using our online chat


Unfortunately, you are not able to change your payroll estimate online at this time.

If you are on a payment instalment plan, the WCB will recalculate your premium estimate right away. The new estimate will appear on your account statement within one month of the change.

It’s important to update your payroll information because your premiums are based on this number. If your payroll increases, your premium and payments will increase. If your payroll decreases, your premium and payments will also decrease. 

The WCB may charge or pay interest on accounts where there is a difference of more than 25% between your business' under or overstated payroll estimate and the actual payroll submitted. 

Please note, interest on inaccurate payroll estimates will not be charged or owing if:

  • The charge amounts to less $50 for the year; or
  • The credit is less than $10.


Looking for More?

Resources for Small Businesses

Go back to Resources for Small Businesses