While most businesses in Manitoba are required to have workers compensation coverage, some industries aren't legislated to do so. For these businesses, we offer Optional Coverage.
Optional Coverage provides comprehensive benefits at a low cost to protect you and your employees if a workplace injury or illness occurs.
Even if you already have private insurance, workers compensation coverage can complement your plan.
- wage replacement with no waiting period
- medical and rehabilitation benefits
- lump-sum payments for workers with permanent partial impairments
- support with return to work benefits for family in the event of a workplace death or serious injury
Benefits to you and your business:
- no deductibles or waiting periods
- protection from liability in the event of a covered injury (private insurance doesn't provide protection against lawsuits)
- support from the WCB's prevention and return to work consultants
Want to learn more?
Ready to sign up?
Complete the Online Employer Registration to help us better understand the needs of your business. We’ll provide you with workers compensation coverage information for your business.
Note: If your business is in a non-mandatory industry and you choose to purchase Optional Coverage, you must provide workers compensation coverage for all employees in your business. You cannot selectively cover some workers and not others in a single business.