Trucking Companies operating in Manitoba must provide WCB coverage for their workers. Trucking companies frequently operate across more than one province and on a contract basis.

You must register with the WCB of Manitoba if your company:

  • operates solely within Manitoba
  • has a base of operations in Manitoba and provides services anywhere in Canada
  • is based in another province, but has workers/drivers living in or travelling through Manitoba.

If you are based outside of Manitoba, not participating in Alternate Assessment Procedure (AAP), and are working in or travelling through Manitoba , you must Contact the Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba to determine if you are required to register in Manitoba.

The AAP streamlines workers compensation reporting for trucking companies that operate in more than one province. Companies that participate in the AAP report payroll for their workers (including drivers and owner operators) to the workers compensation agency in the province where the workers live.

You can only Apply for the AAP in the province or territory where your workers live. There are three ways to register for the AAP – email, fax or mail.

Download the Alternative Assessment Procedure FAQ and Application Form for Manitoba to register.



In Winnipeg: 204-954-4505

Toll-free: 1-855-954-4321, ext. 4505


In Winnipeg: 204-954-4900

Toll-free: 1-866-245-0796

Content Type