The WCB offers free one-day training workshops for employers on Return to Work Basics and WCB Basics. The training is targeted at:
- Safety officers
- Lead hands
- HR professionals
- Disability coordinators
- Return to Work coordinators or
- Anyone directly involved in the Return to Work of an injured worker.
It is recommended - but not mandatory - that the two courses be taken together.
Return to Work Basics
An effective Return to Work program can help injured workers and their workplaces recover more quickly.
The Return to Work Basics workshop will help you gain an understanding of the basic components and best practices to develop or enhance your workplace Return to Work program. We will demonstrate how an effective Return to Work program supports injured workers in their return to meaningful work.
Employers will also learn:
- how to save money by developing a Return to Work program that could decrease your WCB premiums and extended health coverage costs
- how to reduce productivity loss to stay more competitive in your industry
- how to attract and retain good employees by becoming "an employer of choice."
The WCB Basics workshop will help you get a better understanding of how the WCB operates and your role in the workers compensation system.
You'll learn about reporting injuries, decision-making, rate setting, dispute resolution, claims management and the benefits of developing a Return to Work program.
Look for upcoming dates on the calendar below and click on the workshop that you would like to register for.
- For more information or assistance with completing your registration, call 204-954-4662, toll free 1-855-954-4321, ext. 4662 or email RTWProgramServices@wcb.mb.ca.
- Please note: workshops are subject to cancellation due to low registration.
- Please register no later than two weeks prior to a workshop date to ensure that a workshop proceeds.
For SAFE Work Manitoba workshops, visit the SAFE Work Manitoba site.