The WCB offers free one-day training workshops for employers on Return to Work Basics and WCB Basics. It is recommended – but not mandatory – that the two courses be taken together.
The training is designed for:
- Safety officers
- Lead hands
- HR professionals
- Disability coordinators
- Return to Work coordinators
- Anyone directly involved in the Return to Work of an injured worker.
Go to the calendar to see workshop dates and register!
An effective Return to Work program can help injured workers and their workplaces recover more quickly.
Building on what you learned in WCB Basics, the Return to Work Basics workshop will help you gain an understanding of the basic components and best practices to develop or enhance your workplace Return to Work program. We will demonstrate how an effective Return to Work program supports injured workers in their return to meaningful work.
Employers will also learn:
- how to save money by developing a Return to Work program that could decrease your WCB premiums and extended health coverage costs
- how to reduce productivity loss to stay more competitive in your industry
- how to attract and retain good employees by becoming "an employer of choice."
Gain a better understanding of how the WCB operates and your role in the workers compensation system in this free one-day workshop for employers. Topics of discussion include rate setting, managing costs, reporting injuries, decision making, dispute resolution and a variety of other important issues for employers.
Look for upcoming dates in the calendar below and click on the workshop for which you want to register.
More Information: For more information or assistance with completing your registration, please contact us at RTWProgramServices@wcb.mb.ca or 204-954-4662.
For more information or to register for one of these sessions, call 204-954-4142 or toll free 1-855-954-4321, ext. 4142.
- Please note: workshops are subject to cancellation due to low registration.
- Please register no later than two weeks prior to a workshop date to ensure that a workshop proceeds.
For SAFE Work Manitoba workshops, visit the SAFE Work Manitoba site.