Section 22 of The Workers Compensation Act (the "Act") requires workers to:
- Take reasonable steps to reduce or eliminate impairment or loss of earnings resulting from an injury;
- Seek out, co-operate in and receive medical aid that the board considers will promote the worker's recovery; and
- Co-operate with the board in developing programs for return to work, rehabilitation, disability management or other program the board considers will promote the worker's recovery.
- If a worker fails to comply with section 22, the WCB may reduce or suspend the worker's compensation.
- Section 22 imposes an obligation on workers to participate cooperatively in their recovery and safe return to work. This policy elaborates on the responsibilities of both workers and the WCB in ensuring compliance with section 22 of the Act.
|18.104.22.168 Co-operation and Mitigation in Recovery|